ISIS Claims Responsibility For Suicide Bombing That Killed at Least 22 People at Manchester Arena

Isis
Isis has claimed responsibility regarding the Manchester Arena attack, hailing the bomber as a ” soldier of the caliphate”.

The terrorist group Isis released statements in a few languages praising the barbarity. Claiming more than 100 “crusaders” were killed or injured at the ” shameless” concert.

“With Allah’s grace and support, a soldier of the Khilafah [caliphate] managed to place explosive devices in the midst of the gatherings of the crusaders in the British city of Manchester,” said the English rendition.

It suggested the monstrosity was not a suicide assault, regardless of police statements saying the culprit died at the scene.

Isis said the assault aimed to terrorize “infidels…in reaction to their transgressions against the lands of the Muslims”.

The group’s supporters had been circulating an unverified video of a veiled English-talking militant claiming responsibility regarding the Manchester assault.

Analysts pointed out that a flag situated behind the man was not the image most regularly connected with Isis. It’s unclear when it was taped.

The blast killed 22 individuals and harmed handfuls more at an Ariana Grande concert on Monday night.

Ian Hopkins, the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, said investigators believe the assault was done by a lone suicide bomber ” carrying” a homemade device.

“The priority is to establish whether he was acting alone or as part of a network,” he included.

“The attacker, I can confirm, died at the arena. We believe the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated causing this atrocity.”

Isis has been periodically releasing detailed instructions on how to carry out terror attacks in nations focusing on its activists in Syria and Iraq, including bomb-production instructions.

The latest version of its Rumiyah propaganda magazine listed concert halls among “perfect target areas” for assaults.

Investigators have cautioned that the group may increasingly turn to “easy targets” with large crowds, as found in Westminster, Stockholm, Nice and Berlin, instead of protected areas with a high-security presence.

Explosive devices utilizing homemade triacetone triperoxide (TATP) have become a signature of the group’s biggest European assaults. Also, it was found in a few thwarted plots.

The Manchester assault occurred on the fourth anniversary of the killing of Fusilier Lee Rigby in Woolwich.

Theresa May said security administrations identified the attacker however it was too soon in the investigation to reveal his name.

“The police and emergency services have as always acted with great courage and on behalf of the country I want to express our gratitude to them – they acted in accordance with the plans they have in place and the exercises they conduct to test those plans and they performed with the utmost professionalism,“ the Prime Minister included.

A 23-year-old man from Manchester has so far been arrested regarding the bombing.

“We remain relentlessly focussed, in numerous current operations, on doing all we can to combat the scourge of terrorism and keep the country safe.” said Andrew Parker the director general of domestic intelligence agency MI5.